The Branch Operations Forum provides the NSW Branch of the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) and representatives of the rail industry with the opportunity to exchange ideas and to discuss operational rail safety issues.
- discusses compliance issues (at the broader industry level in NSW) to provide input to the ONRSR's regulatory strategies to improve safety in the industry
- reviews and provides input to safety improvement initiatives developed by the ONRSR
- provides a link with other rail industry consultative committees such as the ONRSR's CEO Industry Reference Group and the Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board's Safety Managers Group.
Read the BOF terms of reference .
See the list of members below:
Large operators & rail infrastructure managers
- David Mayo, Program Manager – Assets, Pacific National
- Campbell Clark, Manager Regulatory Liaison, Sydney Trains
- Martin Jones, Manager Safety Environment Quality & Risk, NSW Trains
- Sandra Wilson-Ryke, General Manager Risk and Safety, Australian Rail Track Corporation
- Ken McHugh, Team Leader Accreditation, Aurizon
- Paul Olive, A/Manager, Safety (Rail and WHS), Quality and Environment, John Holland Rail - Country Regional Network
- Bruce Weston, Manager Regulatory Management, Safety & Engineering Systems, Infrastructure & Services, Transport for NSW
- Howard Hoper, Rail Operations Manager, GrainCorp
- John McArthur, Managing Director, Freightliner Australia
- An Le, Executive Manager, National Compliance & Rail Safety, CFCL Australia
Heritage or isolated operators
- Richard Clarke, Chief Engineer, Sydney Tramway Museum
- Ross Jackson, Rail Safety and Operations Manager, Transport Heritage NSW
Contractors or maintainers
- Lindsay Holt, Rail Safety and Compliance Manager,
- Bill Plakias, National Rail Safety Manager, John Holland Group
- Alex Claassens, Secretary, Rail Tram and Bus Union
- Colin Holmes, NSW Branch Director (Chairperson)
The following people are observers on the forum:
- Matthew Smith, Transport Safety Investigator, Office of Transport Safety Investigations (OTSI)
Feedback and suggestions for forum discussion topics are welcome and can be provided by contacting one of the industry members or the NSW Branch of the ONRSR.
For more information contact the BOF Secretariat via 1800 572 077.
Summaries of BOF meetings
Minutes of RSSF meetings
Last updated: 1 September 2017